Outswing Hinged Doors
Kolbe Teutonic® Series hinged doors offer high performance in traditional one- and two-wide outswing door configurations. Two-wide doors are French-style with a double-wide opening; one panel is considered "active" and one "less active."
Outswing door panels have 4-5/8" wide stiles and rails. An aluminum sill with thermal break is standard. Optionally, these doors can be built with the same frame members on all four sides, including the sill.*
Compression seal technology is the basis for the design of Teutonic Series products. Dual overlapping neoprene gaskets provide excellent air and water resistance. As proof of their performance, Teutonic Series outswing doors are tested by independent agencies and rated as follows:
- Total unit U-Factors from 0.23 to 0.44, depending on the specific glazing options selected
- Units are rated up to LC-PG20
- Impact-rated for IPD4 with a DP65 performance*
- Condensation Resistance ranges from 44 to 61
- Passes AAMA 920-11 for Operating Cycling Performance (100,000) of side hinged exterior door systems
*To meet impact requirements, units must be constructed with the same frame members on all four sides, including the sill.
Please search the Energy database for more information.
Outswing doors use the same hardware as tilt-turn windows and tilt-slide doors, with a turn-only function. The hardware wraps completely around the door panel, providing multiple locking points between the panel and frame. There is a thumb latch on the interior and a keyed lock on the exterior for security. The handles are available in finishes of White, Silver and Medium Bronze.
Learn more about the features and options for Teutonic Series products:
- Outswing Hinged Doors
- Outswing Hinged French Doors with Impact Performance
- Retractable Insect Screens for Outswing Hinged Doors
- Installation of Glass & Glazing Beads
- Operating & Safety Instructions for Windows & Doors